April 14-17, 2020
Bright Fit is an event held every other year, alternating with Bright World. Bright Fit encompasses an entire week and focuses on wellness and fitness for the family.
Bright Fit 2020 will be April 14-17. Due to the COVID-19 closure, we will conduct all activities online, and families will participate at home.
There will be no Bright Fit Night.
Be Bright Fit at Home
During Bright Fit Week, students may complete a number of activities at home to get tickets that will be put in a drawing for prizes. Each day, parents may fill out a form for each child documenting the activities completed.
The daily activities are:
Child made a healthy food choice during the day (yes or no)
Child washed hands at least three times during the day (yes or no)
Child exercised 30 minutes during the day (i.e. bike ride, jump on trampoline, neighborhood run, hike, yard work, cup stacking, chores, etc.)
Child was a P. A. L. S. today at home (this is the award children receive during P.E. class). This includes Participation, Attitude, Leadership and Service. 1-5 times a day.
- Participation: plenty of sleep, eating healthy, drinking water, exercising, etc.
- Attitude: completes activities without being asked, good attitude about taskes, etc.
- Leadership: made own choices and tracking of activities
- Service: helped siblings/family members and encouraged others to participate
Winners of the prizes wil be announced during a special Zoom assembly on Monday, April 20, at 11 a.m. Parents should use a separate form emailed to them to record the dispersal of tickets into the prize buckets. The email will state how many tickets your child has earned.
The prizes are:
- George, the giant Bright Fit giraffe
- pickleball paddles and ball set
- cooking class with Ms. Susan Howell
- inflatable avocado float with removeable pit
- two REI Chattanooga class/tour coupons
- Southern Soul Yoga Youth 6 class series.