April 11-14, 2022
Bright Fit is an event held every other year, alternating with Bright World. Bright Fit encompasses an entire week and focuses on wellness and fitness for the family.
Bright Fit Day, a half day of school, will be celebrated on April 14. School is closed April 15 for Good Friday.
Thank you to PA Bright Fit Chairs - Christy Salyards & Rachel Adams with assistance from Lauren Wolfford, VP V - and Coaches Ashley Linehart and Bobby Gendimenico.
Be Bright Fit at School and Home
During the week, we encourage families to be fit together. As an incentive, we have several ways students can earn tickets that they put in a drawing for prizes. Parents, when your child completes an activity, fill out the ticket below and have your child bring it to school. Students may put tickets into buckets located in the front lobby.
Here are the ways to earn tickets:
- Eat a green, orange, or purple vegetable
- Choose one healthy food to eat at lunch
- Ride your bike for at least 15 minutes
- Jump rope for 1 minute
- Floss every night this week
- Drink at least four glasses of water
- Eat fruit with breakfast
- Do 10 push-ups
- Go on a walk with your family
- Do 40 jumping jacks
- Make a smoothie
- Stretch for 10 minutes
- Plant a vegetable/fruit plant with an adult
- Try a new sport or activity
- Eat no sugar for one whole day
- Learn 3 facts on ways healthy eating is important
- Learn 3 reasons exercise is good
- Try a vegetable you have never eaten
- Eat a whole-grain
- Show your parents a GoNoodle Dance and have the whole family participate!
- Show your parents what a burpee is!
Parents, you can help earn tickets, too!
- Attend a P.E. class with your child! Wear tennis shoes! See below.
- Help your child try all of the activities listed above and participate with them!
- Mrs. Shelton will be selling some yummy vegetable plants during our Bright Fit event, please bring cash if you would like to purchase a plant (and earn a Bright Fit ticket!)
- Complete the Bright Fit Day survey to let us know your plans for April 14.
P.E. Class Schedule
Please sign in at the front desk (on the designated clipboard) and make your way to the gym if you plan to attend your child’s PE class on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
Kindergarten: 9:05-9:35 am
1st Grade: 9:45-10:15 am
2nd Grade: 10:25-10:55 am
3rd Grade: 11:05-11:35 am
4th Grade: 1:40- 2:10 pm
5th Grade: 2:25- 2:55 pm
PK- White (8:30-8:55)
PK- Johnson (8:30-8:55)
ALL JPK: Thompson/ Berger/ Leckenby (12:30-12:50 pm)
PK- Hon (8:30-8:55)
*** 2nd Grade will be on a field trip on Wednesday, 4/13, so they will not have PE that day
Students will put their earned tickets into buckets that will be used for drawings for prizes. The last chance to put tickets in the drawings is 11:30 a.m. on April 14. The drawing will be held Monday, April 18.
The prizes are:
Inflatable avocado pool float
Giant stuffed lion
Giant stuffed kangaroo
Pickle ball set
Horseback riding lesson
Synergy one-day pass for full gym access
Bright Fit Day - April 14
Bright Fit Day is a day for families to be active together at school! April 14 is a half day for students, and we encourage parents to participate in the Bright Fit activities that morning with their children. Children will earn tickets that go toward a chance to win Bright Fit prizes.
Bright Fit Day is a free dress day! Wear your Bright Fit shirt any day during the week or on Thursday.
Here is the day's schedule:
8 a.m. bell rings
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Session 1: JPK-first grade visit Bright Fit stations around school
10 - 11 a.m. Session 2: Grades 2-5 visit Bright Fit stations around school
11:30 a.m. dismissal
During the sessions, students will rotate to stations located around the school. They will travel as a classroom, and parents may join the class.
There are three options for how to spend the morning.
1. You will attend with your child. Parents bring children to school and leave together. (Parents with siblings in different sessions may attend both or just one.)
2. Students come to school at 8 a.m. and will be picked up at 11:30 a.m. No parents attend.
3. Your student is not coming to school that day.
All parking will be off campus at the Rivermont ball fields. Shuttles will run continuously, starting at 8 a.m. If you are attending with your child, you may drop off your child at 8 a.m., park at Rivermont and ride the shuttle to school OR you can bring your child with you, park, and ride the shuttle to arrive at school for the session for your child's grade. For instance, if you are attending with your third grader, you and your child may park at Rivermont, ride the shuttle and arrive for the 10 a.m. session or your child can arrive at school at 8 a.m. and you can arrive later for the session.
Please complete the online form to let us know your plans for the day so we can provide appropriate supervision and safety on campus.