The Bright School Parents' Association (PA) is a volunteer-based organization dedicated to cultivating a sense of community at Bright School. Community building, clear communication, and fundraising are priorities of the PA. There are many opportunities for parents at Bright School to be involved in their child’s educational process and in the greater school-wide community.
The Executive Board of the PA is comprised of a president, president-elect, secretary, treasurer, and five vice presidents who oversee various PA-sponsored events such as teacher appreciation, Bright Fit, Bright World, parent socials, and more. These committees give parents opportunities to get involved and support the Bright School community.
PA events are published in the Woodshop weekly newsletter for all parents at Bright School. The PA also oversees room reps who work to facilitate parent volunteers for each classroom teacher. Each fall, the PA coordinates the Charleston Wrap sale, the Parents’ Association’s biggest fundraiser. Used uniform sales, the annual Bonanza, and Box Tops are other ways the PA generates funds for gifts to enhance or support Bright School.
The PA encourages all parents to volunteer and is always available for questions or suggestions.
The 2022-23 board includes:
- President Dorothy Caplenor, parent of Sam '23 and Joseph '27
- President-Elect Ginger Thomas, parent of Harper '22 and Izzy '25
- Treasurer Lesley Moore, parent of Fisher '25 and Marion '27
- Secretary Jennie Kueter, parent of Abby Grace '15, Soleigh '19 and Miles '27
- VP I Ann Marie Moss, parent of Chandler Eichelberger '23 and Kate Eichelberger '28
- VP II Mary Carlie Corbitt, parent of Kittrell '26 and Price '29
- VP III Ashley Ladebauche, parent of Ava '22 and Tucker '27
- VP IV Amanda Carmichael, parent of Coco '25
For more information about how to get involved with the PA, contact:
Director of Advancement Kim Brown at [email protected] or 423-267-8593
Sign up to bring treats for teachers in the Happy Cart room in the main office and Early Childhood Center building. Please remember our school is a nut-free zone!
Click here to sign up.