The Bright School Parents' Association (PA) is a volunteer-based organization dedicated to cultivating a sense of community at Bright School. Community building, clear communication, and fundraising are priorities of the PA. There are many opportunities for parents at Bright School to be involved in their child’s educational process and in the greater school-wide community.
The Executive Board of the PA is comprised of a president, president-elect, secretary, treasurer, and five vice presidents who oversee various PA-sponsored events such as teacher appreciation, Bright Fit, Bright World, parent socials, and more. These committees give parents opportunities to get involved and support the Bright School community.
PA events are published in the Woodshop weekly newsletter for all parents at Bright School. The PA also oversees room reps who work to facilitate parent volunteers for each classroom teacher. Each fall, the PA coordinates the Charleston Wrap sale, the Parents’ Association’s biggest fundraiser. Used uniform sales, the annual Bonanza, and Box Tops are other ways the PA generates funds for gifts to enhance or support Bright School.
The PA encourages all parents to volunteer and is always available for questions or suggestions.
The 2021-22 board includes:
- President Sholar Howard, parent of Willie '19, Harriett '20, Aggie '23 and John Wyatt '23
- President-Elect Dorothy Caplenor, parent of Sam '23 and Joseph '27
- Secretary Jennie Kueter, parent of Abby Grace '15, Soleigh '19 and Miles '27
- Treasurer Ashley Ladebauche, parent of Ava ’22 and Tucker ’27
- Treasurer-Elect Jennifer Benefield, parent of Harper '24 and Lucy '24
- VP I Amy Holland, parent of Beatrice '22 and Miriam '26
- VP II Ann Marie Moss, parent of Chandler Eichelberger '23 and Kate Eichelberger '28
- VP III Ash Vardhana, parent of Vishnu '20 and Nayana '23
- VP IV Ginger Thomas, parent of Harper '22 and Izzy '25
- VP V Lauren Wolfford, parent of Rett '24
Pictured below, left to right: Ann Marie Moss, Ash Vardhana, Jennie Kueter, Dorothy Caplenor, Sholar Howard, Ginger Thomas, Amy Holland, Ashley Ladebauche, Jennifer Benefield and Lauren Wolfford.
For more information about how to get involved with the PA, contact:
Director of Advancement Kim Brown at [email protected] or 423-267-8593