Phase-In Days are August 19 and 20. Families were sent an email August 2 notifying them which day children will attend. Phase-In Days are regular school days with uniforms and dismissal at 1 p.m. for JPK and PK or 3 p.m. for grades K-5. (See below for information about Bright Afternoons.)
Parents may park on campus and walk into the classrooms with their children at 8 a.m. Everyone is required to wear a mask indoors. Parents should complete the Ascend online healthy survey for their children before arriving. If you or your child is showing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and notify your child's teacher and nurse Rachel Gentry.
When walking into the building with your child, please use the exterior doors to avoid large numbers of people in the hallways:
- Early childhood (JPK, PK and K): use the exterior classroom rooms along the sides of the building. Mrs. Jenna's JPK class should enter through the concourse door and walk toward the library.
- First grade: use the concourse door closest to the office area. Mrs. O'Neal's classroom will be accessed through the exterior door that opens into the courtyard.
- Second grade: use the exterior door on the left side of the courtyard to enter the hallway.
- Third grade: use the exterior door in the back center of the courtyard to enter the hallway.
- Fourth and fifth grades: use the main entrance at the columns and go down the stairs to the bottom level by the dining hall. Exit those doors and walk to the 1987 wing. Fifth grade is on the ground level, and fourth grade is the second level.
At 8:30 a.m., parents depart the classrooms and may visit the concourse to sign up for Parents' Association volunteer opportunities such as room reps, happy cart and teacher appreciation; buy Bluegrass and BBQ tickets; buy rest mats, and learn more about Cadek music lessons, Bright Afternoons and after school classes. Information booths on the concourse will remain open until 9 a.m.
Bright Afternoons will be offered from 1-3 p.m. for JPK and PK on your child's assigned day. There will be no Bright Afternoons for grades K-5 on those days. Regular Bright Afternoons will begin on August 23.
Who is your child's teacher? Your child will receive a note in the mail from his/her new teacher the week of August 9.
Forms and Payment
To access the following forms, please log in to your parent Blackbaud account at brightschool.myschoolapp.
com. If you do not remember or know your username or password, please contact Renee' Kropff at [email protected] for assistance.
- Authorization for Dismissal
- Emergency Contact Information
- Responsible Use Policy (requires two signatures; the student and one parent)
- Text Alert Emergency System Contact Information
The following Health forms can be accessed at the links below:
All completed forms are to be submitted no later than Friday, August 20.
All school supplies are provided by the school and covered by the supply fee each family pays.
The fees are as follows:
PK, K, 1, 2: $120
3 & 4: $125
Supply fees will be drafted through each family's FACTS account on Thursday, August 12. Families who do not have a FACTS account should turn in payment on their child's scheduled Phase-In Day. For questions, please contact Sabrina McAllister in the business office: [email protected].
JPK and PK students are provided with a Bright School tote bag. Students in grades K-5 may use a backpack of their choice.
JPK and PK students needs rest mats if they stay in Bright Afternoons from 1-3 p.m. All kindergarten students need a rest mat for a daily quiet time in their classrooms. Rest mats may be purchased at Bright on Phase-In Days for $40 drafted from FACTS or check to The Bright School or you may bring your own.