Building a Bright Future
The Bright School provides a high quality, child-centered education rooted in the progressive ideals upon which Mary G. Bright founded her school. Seeking to improve and create the best possible environment in which our students thrive is the goal of the Building a Bright Future campaign. After all, this school is our home.
Our curriculum, teaching methods, and technology have evolved over the years, but our infrastructure and original classrooms do not provide adequate support for these changes. The time has come to modernize many of our classrooms, library, and gym through a capital campaign.
We are gearing up to complete the renovations in summer 2021. Help us finish the campaign!
A special thank you to the creators of this video, Dave Lang of Atomic Films and Med Dement, and to Cindy Beirne for directing the fourth graders' performance.
What do campaign dollars pay for? Every dollar pledged will go to support the Building a Bright Future campaign, regardless of amount. The following levels, however, are critical in getting us to the finish line.
- A $10,000 gift will provide a new smart board for a classroom.
- Gifts of $25,000 will support, among other things, new more versatile furniture for a classroom.
- Our Chairman's Club, beginning at $50,000, is an important level to meeting our goal and helps ensure the critical infrastructure needed for decades to come is in place.
- Room naming opportunities begin at $100,000 and can be achieved through a collective family gift that also includes grandparents. Rooms can be named in celebration of a family/children, honor of a teacher or remain anonymous.
*Gifts of $25,000 and above will receive recognition on a permanently placed plaque at the conclusion of the campaign.
Make a Pledge Today
Gifts of all sizes are appreciated! Please click the Donate Now button to make a donation with your credit card.
PHASE 1: Summer 2019
The quadrangle’s hallways and classrooms opened in 1963. This phase will:
- Update all the infrastructure connected to this area
- Renovate the first, second and third grade classrooms
- Replace all windows with more energy efficient panes and all lighting with LED fixtures
PHASE 2: Summer 2020 **Delayed to Summer 2021**
The fourth and fifth grade areas opened in 1987. One fifth grade classroom was renovated as a model classroom in 2017. This phase will:
- Renovate the fourth and fifth grade classrooms
- Renovate the main offices and foyer
The scope of phase 2 may vary based on fundraising.
PHASE 3: Summer 2021
The library, gym and special area classrooms are among the most loved areas of the school, but none of them have been renovated since they were built. This phase will:
- Renovate the gym, which was added in 1974
- Renovate the library, named the King Room and transformed from a gym into a library in 1973
- Renovate the art, shop, Spanish and music classrooms in the original quadrangle
The scope of phase 3 may vary based on fundraising.
Head of School, 2004-present
Father of James ’05 and Sarah Spence ’08
“During Miss Bright's half century as headmistress of Bright School, her vision drove the important changes necessary to keep the school at the forefront of education in Chattanooga. Our Building a Bright Future campaign will do no less, as we transform classrooms, the library, and the gym to provide the best learning spaces for our students. This century-old tradition of excellence is alive and well."
Building a Bright Future Campaign Chair
Current Trustee, Mother of Lucinda ’20 and Evie ’24
“The Bright School's child-centered approach and commitment to excellence is enriching the lives of our future leaders. I truly believe the foundation this school is helping build for my own children is immeasurable. Join us in creating a campus that is as innovative and future-focused as our educational experience.”