Building a Bright Future
We did it! We surpassed the $4 million goal in May 2021 thanks to many generous donors.
The Bright School provides a high quality, child-centered education rooted in the progressive ideals upon which Mary G. Bright founded her school. Seeking to improve and create the best possible environment in which our students thrive is the goal of the Building a Bright Future campaign. After all, this school is our home.
Our curriculum, teaching methods, and technology have evolved over the years, but our infrastructure and original classrooms do not provide adequate support for these changes. The time has come to modernize many of our classrooms, library, and gym through a capital campaign.
PHASE 1: Summer 2019
The quadrangle’s hallways and classrooms opened in 1963. This phase will:
- Update all the infrastructure connected to this area
- Renovate the first, second and third grade classrooms
- Replace all windows with more energy efficient panes and all lighting with LED fixtures
The main areas of renovation for this phase are the gym and HVAC for the sections of the school that include the library, 1987 wing, Centennial Theater and administrative offices.
This phase includes renovating the library, art, Spanish and music classrooms and the 1987 wing, which includes the fourth and fifth grade classrooms, science and technology.
What do campaign dollars pay for? Every dollar pledged will go to support the Building a Bright Future campaign, regardless of amount. The following levels, however, are critical in getting us to the finish line.
- A $10,000 gift will provide a new smart board for a classroom.
- Gifts of $25,000 will support, among other things, new more versatile furniture for a classroom.
- Our Chairman's Club, beginning at $50,000, is an important level to meeting our goal and helps ensure the critical infrastructure needed for decades to come is in place.
- Room naming opportunities begin at $100,000 and can be achieved through a collective family gift that also includes grandparents. Rooms can be named in celebration of a family/children, honor of a teacher or remain anonymous.
*Gifts of $25,000 and above will receive recognition on a permanently placed plaque at the conclusion of the campaign.